Firethorne is the second Master Planned Community (MPC) to be developed by Jefferson Development Company (JDC) on the west side, the first being Cole’s Crossing, completed east of U.S. 290 Northwest Freeway. It is split approximately one-third east of FM 1463 and two thirds west, with the early construction starting on the west side. The second phase commenced on the east side with lake/detention features and a small commercial area at its southwest corner. The entire project, like Cole’s, contains uniquely imaginative features. Firethorne East is employing a string of lakes across the project with a freeboard detention component and set minimum lake elevation.
Knudson provided land planning and subdivision platting services for this development.