Special District Creation
Economic Development has many components, but one particularly useful tool is the creation of special districts. Knudson has a breadth of experience in creation and administration of special districts in the State of Texas, including:
- Municipal Utility Districts (MUD)
- Municipal Management Districts (MMD)
- Public Improvement Districts (PID)
- Tax Increment Reinvestment Zones / Tax Increment Finance Districts (TIRZ / TIF)
- Foreign Trade Zones (FTZ)
As there are over 20 different types of special districts in the State of Texas, this list is by no means exhaustive. Knudson can evaluate your project needs and help you determine which type of district is the most appropriate as well as work with you through the County-initiated or legislature-initiated process to get your district created.